Earn your Reading Credential to help children excel in school and gain a solid foundation for their successful futures.
We offer the courses required for the Reading Credential issued by the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction. Students of this program are licensed educators and complete a series of courses, including a practicum, focused on the diagnosis and correction of reading disabilities. You will develop the necessary skills required to teach, develop curriculum, and administer reading assessments to students in grades K-8.
At a Glance
Up to 3 classes/6 credits
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
K-8 licensed educators interested in enhancing their literacy teaching skills and expanding their career opportunities
- Reading Curriculum Specialist
- K-8 Teacher
Actual requirements may vary based on current licensure and previous coursework. Final plan of study will be provided upon transcript review.
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted:
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.