Catholic Philanthropy Specialization
If you want to learn to develop your abilities to serve the mission of the Church, an evening or online MBA with a Catholic Philanthropy specialization will give you the operational and fundraising know-how you need.
Provided in part through the Institute for Catholic Philanthropy—a one-of-a-kind partnership between FOCUS (the Fellowship of Catholic University Students) and the University of Mary—our graduate business degrees with a specialization in Catholic Philanthropy combine advanced teachings in the core operational aspects of business and philanthropy with courses devoted to the values and best practices that make Catholic charities and nonprofits successful.
At a Glance
As little as 15 months
- Online with one-week residency at our main campus in Bismarck, ND
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Nonprofit Professionals
- Members of the Clergy
- B-Corp Professionals
- Fundraising Professionals
- Business professionals looking to steer their organization in a mission-based direction
- All others who want to combine strong values with advanced business operations knowledge
- Director of Development
- Major Gifts Officer
- Grants Officer
- Director of Annual Giving
- Charity Manager
- Nonprofit Leader
- Church Leader
- Fundraising Specialist
What You’ll Learn
By combining our MBA with a Catholic Philanthropy specialization, you will acquire advanced knowledge about successful organizational operations by examining fundraising best practices for charities and other nonprofits. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the concept of “Theology of Gift” and how these principles affect modern philanthropy.
- Synthesize professional best practices with the Catholic faith and develop processes and plans formed by values of self-gift and service.
- Demonstrate preparation in all areas of the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) test subject matter.
- Demonstrate professional competence as a manager or senior mission advancement professional.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Handle operational tasks focused on accounting and finance.
- Understand business processes and how to modify them for different situations.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75.
To complete application, please provide:
Official transcripts – Please mail the transcripts to the University of Mary at
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Did you graduate with your bachelor’s degree from the University of Mary? We’ll request your transcript for you! Contact your admissions representative to learn more.
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
- One-week residency at our main campus in Bismarck, ND
- Tuition: $520/credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology/Distance Ed fee: $30 per credit
- Security/Cybersecurity fee: $5 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester