Human Resource Management Specialization
Boost your career—and the human resource operations of your organization—by earning an evening or online MBA with a Human Resource Management specialization.
Employees are the most important resource in every company. Our Master’s of Business Administration with a Human Resource Management specialization will strengthen the quantitative and operational skills you need to help organizations run their human resources departments as efficiently and effectively as possible. Take your career further.
At a Glance
As little as 15 months
- Evening courses at our locations in Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND; Billings, MT; and Fort Riley, KS
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Human Resource Assistants/Associates
- Business Managers
- Other business professionals seeking to advance into the operational side of human resource management
- Human Resource Manager
- HR Consultant
- Personnel Development Specialist
- Compensation Specialist
- VP of Human Resources
What You’ll Learn
In our MBA with a Human Resource Management specialization, you will gain advanced quantitative knowledge focused on the successful operations of businesses, with an in-depth examination of the processes and best practices of human resource management. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Formulate innovative human resource management solutions which align with an organization’s strategic goals.
- Propose practices and policies which integrate various human resource management issues in a manner to aid an organization in the attainment of competitive advantage.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Handle operational tasks focused on accounting and finance.
- Understand business processes and how to modify them for different situations.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
Your first step is to apply for candidacy by submitting the application for admission. Candidacy means you are on your way to completing the admissions process! You will need to be accepted into your program before you can enroll in classes.
Upon receiving candidacy, you will need to submit the following to be considered for admissions into a graduate program:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Official transcripts - Your official transcripts and any test scores that may be
required by your program to be sent to the university. Attended the University of
Mary before? Then we’ll get your transcripts for you! At most other schools, you can
request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office. You can send transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
Evening courses at our locations in Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND; Billings, MT; and Fort Riley, KS
- Tuition: $520/credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester