Public Administration Specialization
Gain the operational skills you need to improve government or nonprofit programs —and advance your career in the process—with an evening or online MBA with a Public Administration specialization.
From city parks departments to federal benefits programs, the public sector provides a wide range of services that are used every day. Providing these services efficiently and effectively requires professionals with top-level operational skills. Our Master’s of Business Administration with a Public Administration specialization will enhance your skills, allowing you to advance your career while improving the public or nonprofit services people need.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
- Evening courses at our locations in Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND; Billings, MT; and Fort Riley, KS
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Civil Service Professionals
- Nonprofit Professionals
- All other professionals who want to enhance their ability to improve the operational side of public programs
- Civil Service Operations Manager
- Nonprofit Director
- City Resource Specialist
- Program Director
- Government Department Head
- Policy Analyst
- Budget Analyst
What You’ll Learn
In our MBA with a Public Administration specialization, you will gain advanced quantitative knowledge focused on the successful operations of organizations, with an in-depth examination of public programs and government agencies. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Synthesize content from professional journals and scholarly research to make conclusions regarding operational practices.
- Assess public sector best practices using quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Evaluate the contemporary global environment in an integrated manner to propose solutions.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills.
- Interpret results from multiple support tools to inform decision making.
- Handle operational tasks focused on accounting and finance.
- Understand business processes and how to modify them for different situations.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
Evening courses at our locations in Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND; Billings, MT; and Fort Riley, KS
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $550/credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.