Catholic Philanthropy Specialization
If you want to learn to develop your abilities to serve the mission of the Church, an online or evening Master of Project Management with a Catholic Philanthropy specialization will give you the operational and fundraising know-how you need.
Provided in part through the Institute for Catholic Philanthropy—a one-of-a-kind partnership between FOCUS (the Fellowship of Catholic University Students) and the University of Mary—our graduate business degrees with a specialization in Catholic Philanthropy combine advanced teachings in the core operational aspects of business and philanthropy with courses devoted to the values and best practices that make Catholic charities and nonprofits successful.
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
Along with the MPM with a specialization in Catholic Philanthropy, the University of Mary also offers a special cohort program as part of the MBA with a specialization in Catholic Philanthropy. Courses start May 3, 2021. Reserve your spot today!
At a Glance
As little as 15 months
Online coursework, with two one-week summer residencies on campus in Bismarck
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Nonprofit Professionals
- Members of the Clergy
- B-Corp Professionals
- Fundraising Professionals
- Anyone looking to steer their business in a mission-based direction
- All other professionals who want to combine strong values with advanced leadership skills
- Director of Development
- Foundation Manager
- Major Gifts Officer
- Executive Director
- Grants Officer
- Director of Annual Giving
- Charity Manager
- Nonprofit Leader
- Church Leader
- Fundraising Specialist
- Mission-Based Organization Manager
What You’ll Learn
In our Master of Project Management with a Catholic Philanthropy specialization, you will gain advanced business leadership skills and examine, in-depth, an understanding of Catholic charities and other nonprofits. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the “Theology of Gift” and how these principles affect modern philanthropy.
- Synthesize professional best practices with the Catholic Faith and develop processes and plans formed by values of self-gift and service.
- Demonstrate preparation in all areas of the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) test subject matter.
- Demonstrate professional competence as a manager or senior mission advancement professional.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Take on leadership roles within your organization.
- Apply advanced management strategies to improve employee productivity and business results.
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
As a Registered Education Provider, the University of Mary is approved to offer training in project management to meet the educational needs of project managers.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
Your first step is to get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission. Along with the MPM with a specialization in Catholic Philanthropy, the University of Mary also offers a special cohort program as part of the MBA with a specialization in Catholic Philanthropy. Courses start May 3, 2021. Reserve your spot today!
Foundations in Catholic Philanthropy (3 credits)
Analyze foundational principles such as Gift, Generosity, Gratefulness, and Love - specifically, how they relate to charitable giving and motives. Synthesize these concepts through an exploration of sacred scripture, early Church writings, and modem Church works.
Transformational Giving (3 credits)
Interpret Major Gifts practices through the lens of SelfGift, compare different major gift approaches, and demonstrate mastery of major gifts techniques and presentation.
Mission Advancement Principles & Practice (3 credits)
Evaluate ethical, procedural, legal, and managerial principles and practices of running a successful Mission Advancement office. This course will also fulfill Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) test preparation necessary for the following sections: Donor Research, Volunteer Involvement, Leadership and Management, and Ethics, Accountability, and Professionalism.
For a list of courses for the Loading..., please visit the catalog.
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $550/credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.