Business Operations Specialization
Our online and evening Master of Project Management can help you reach your goals to advance to the top ranks of the project management field. By adding our Business Operations specialization, you’ll also gain the knowledge and experience needed to manage the administrative complexities of today’s businesses.
There’s one truth in every industry: to stay in business, you have to consistently deliver projects on time and on budget. But what about the day-to-day operations of a business? By adding our Business Operations specialization to our MPM degree, you’ll learn how to manage the demands of projects while guiding a business through the ongoing challenges of operation.
At a Glance
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Assistant Project Managers
- Project Schedulers
- Administrative Assistants
- Any other professional who wants to gain expert-level project management skills
- Senior Project Manager
- Operations Manager
- Chief Project Officer
- Project Portfolio Manager
- Head of Projects
- Project Portfolio Office Executive
- Program Management Office Executive
- Chief Operating Officer
What You’ll Learn
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI), the University of Mary offers a Master of Project Management with a Business Operations specialization that focuses on advanced project management strategies as well as operational best practices, giving you a comprehensive understanding of business process. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Manage the operations of thriving businesses.
- Integrate decisions utilizing Benedictine values, ethical frameworks, and professional standards.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Synthesize content from professional journals and scholarly research to make conclusions regarding business practices.
- Assess business best practices using methodology as derived from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK® Guide).
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
As a Registered Education Provider, the University of Mary is approved to offer training in project management to meet the educational needs of project managers.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
Your first step is to apply for candidacy by submitting the application for admission. Candidacy means you are on your way to completing the admissions process! You will need to be accepted into your program before you can enroll in classes.
Upon receiving candidacy you will need to submit the following to be considered for admissions into a graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.