Public Administration Specialization
Through a Master of Project Management with a Public Administration specialization, you can gain the advanced skills you need to lead public projects in multiple areas.
Publicly funded and managed projects range from tree-planting ceremonies in small towns to nation-wide public assistance programs. Our Master of Project Management with a specialization in Public Administration prepares you to tackle the often complex tasks of government budgeting, scheduling, and delivery. Make a difference in the public sector and take your career further.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Government Agency/Department Staff
- Public Sector Mid-Managers
- Government Budget Coordinators
- Government Schedulers
- Others who want to gain expert-level project management skills applicable to government-run projects
- City Manager
- Government Budget Director
- Public Works Director
- Parks Department Manager
- Government Entitlements Director
- Contracts Manager
What You’ll Learn
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI), the University of Mary offers a Master of Project Management with a Public Administration specialization that focuses on advanced project management strategies and the unique needs of government projects and agencies. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Budget, schedule, and manage public projects.
- Integrate decisions utilizing Benedictine values, ethical frameworks, and professional standards.
- Evaluate the contemporary healthcare environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Synthesize content from professional journals and scholarly research to make conclusions regarding business practices.
- Assess business best practices using methodology as derived from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK® Guide).
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
As a Registered Education Provider, the University of Mary is approved to offer training in project management to meet the educational needs of project managers.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $550 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.