Virtuous Leadership Specialization
If you want to advance into the top ranks of the project management field, our evening and online Master of Project Management can help you reach your goals. By adding our Virtuous Leadership specialization, you’ll gain the knowledge and experience you need to be able to lead projects and people with generosity of spirit.
There’s one truth in every industry: to stay in business, you have to consistently deliver projects on time and on budget. But does this mean that you must do so no matter what the cost? We don’t believe it does. By adding our Virtuous Leadership specialization to our Master of Project Management, you’ll learn how the virtues of prudence, self-control, courage, and justice can result in successful projects and stronger, more effective project teams.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Assistant Project Managers
- Project Schedulers
- Administrative Assistants
- Any other professional who wants to gain expert-level project management skills
- Senior Project Manager
- Chief Project Officer
- Project Portfolio Manager
- Head of Projects
- Project Portfolio Office Executive
- Program Management Office Executive
What You’ll Learn
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI), the University of Mary offers a Master of Project Management with a Virtuous Leadership specialization that focuses on top-level project management skills and ethical leadership, allowing you to make a meaningful difference in your business’s bottom line and its culture. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Manage projects in a manner that is ethical, magnanimous, and humble.
- Integrate decisions utilizing Benedictine values, ethical frameworks, and professional standards.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Synthesize content from professional journals and scholarly research to make conclusions regarding business practices.
- Assess business best practices using methodology as derived from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK® Guide).
- Apply the principles of virtuous leadership as defined by the Havard Virtuous Leadership Institute (HVLI).
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
As a Registered Education Provider, the University of Mary is approved to offer training in project management to meet the educational needs of project managers.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
Philosophy of Happiness (2 credits)
Critically investigate the philosophy of eudaimonia, that is, the human quest for happiness throughout the ages and various cultures, especially within the Catholic tradition. Arguments for and against various philosophical claims about paths to achieve human happiness are evaluated in light of ancient, medieval, and modern and contemporary secular and religious thought.
Virtuous Leadership Immersion (3 credits)
Interface directly with representatives of Alexandre Havard’s Virtuous Leadership Institute and classmates. This immersion session will be bookended with technically-blended content to prepare for the session and reflect on implementation techniques afterwards.
Business and Catholic Social Teaching (3 credits)
Examine workplace diversity and discrimination, workplace conditions, privacy, wages, the use of technology, environmental concerns, and corporate social responsibility. Students will integrate these business topics through meaningful reflection of faith-based readings including Rerum Novarum, Economic Justice for All (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops), and John Paul II’s Laborem Exercens.
Culture and Public Service (3 credits)
An exploration of the indispensable role of human culture including the influence of relationships among employers and employees. Compare and contrast different models in organizational management and define how competitive advantage and strategic goals and outcomes, with a view to the common good, are achieved through ethical and effective leadership.
For a list of courses for this program, visit the catalog.
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $550 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.