Master of Education, Physical Education and Athletic Administration
Propel your physical education or professional sports administration career forward in as few as two years by earning your Master of Education in Physical Education and Athletic Administration degree.
Offered online and through evening classes, our MEd with a focus on physical education and athletic administration will provide you with the skills needed to pursue an athletic administration career in positions such as athletic director, physical education department chair, and activities director. Advance your career as you continue to work full time.'
In gratitude for your service, deposit by April 30, 2021 to receive a special thank you scholarship, valued at the tuition cost of your first course.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
As little as 1.5 years
Blended with summer classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
Athletic professionals interested in moving into administrative leadership roles
- Athletic Director
- Physical Education Department Chair
- Activities Director
- Director of Experiential Learning
What You’ll Learn
- Gain hands-on experience while working with expert faculty and experienced, practicing teachers and administrators.
- Gain exciting experiential learning experiences.
- Develop a robust professional network while learning within a community of peers.
- Bolster your skills as a servant leader through a curriculum grounded in Christian, Catholic, Benedictine values that will enrich your career and your everyday life.
Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB)
The graduate programs in Education at the University of Mary are accredited by the state of North Dakota’s Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB; 2013). The graduate Education programs are slated to meet all Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Advanced standards newly adopted by ND ESPB by our next accreditation visit in Spring 2021.
- Optional classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
- Tuition: $560 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Graduated from the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online
- Professional goal statement
- Two references (include contact information as part of the application)
- Resume identifying applicable professional education experience
Students interested in obtaining an education licensure or endorsement should check with their own state Department of Education for information about licensure and/or endorsement requirements before contacting the university in order to determine what additional coursework may be needed.