Master of Education, Special Education Leadership
Advance your skills in education as a leader who successfully maximizes learning for all students, by effectively dedicating resources, personnel, and programs through innovative problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration with the University of Mary’s online Master of Education, Special Education Leadership program.
Designed for working adults, students in our Master of Education, Special Education Leadership program learn from knowledgeable faculty and successful leaders in the field. You’ll also have the opportunity to complete the requirements for North Dakota’s Special Education Director and K-12 Administrator credentials.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
As little as 1.5 years
Blended with summer classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Teachers interested in a career in special education
- Special education teachers looking to move into administration
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Strategist
- K-12 School Administrator
What You’ll Learn
- Gain hands-on experience while working with expert faculty and seasoned, practicing teachers and administrators.
- Enhance your ability to problem-solve challenges, as you serve as an ethical and innovative leader committed to providing programs grounded in best practices.
- Develop a robust professional network while learning within a community of peers.
Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB)
The graduate programs in Education at the University of Mary are accredited by the state of North Dakota’s Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB; 2013). The graduate Education programs are slated to meet all Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Advanced standards newly adopted by ND ESPB by our next accreditation visit in Spring 2021.
- Classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
- Tuition: $560 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
The University of Mary is committed to putting your educational goals within reach. Learn what scholarships you qualify for.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Graduated from the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online
- Professional goal statement
- Two references (include contact information as part of the application)
- Resume identifying applicable professional education experience
Students interested in obtaining an education licensure or endorsement should check with their own state Department of Education for information about licensure and/or endorsement requirements before contacting the university in order to determine what additional coursework may be needed.