ADN to MSN: Nursing Leadership & Management
Our online, accelerated MSN in Nursing Leadership & Management program allows you to enhance your career - moving from an associate’s degree in nursing to a master’s in nursing.
Blending theory and practice, our online master's degree in Nursing Leadership and Management will help prepare you for administrative and management positions in healthcare and help you increase your earning potential. Advance your career while continuing to work full time.
At a Glance
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- RNs with a diploma or ADN who want to earn an MSN
- Nurses seeking a convenient and accelerated way to move from an associate’s degree to a master’s in nursing
- Nurses in or seeking leadership positions
- Department Director
- Regional Director
- Case Manager
- Nurse Administrator
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Unit Manager
- Director or Nursing
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Care Coordinator
What You’ll Learn
In our online ADN to MSN Nursing Leadership & Management program, you will gain the skills to become a nursing leader with a strong understanding of healthcare business concepts and practical leadership strategies. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Create processes that will achieve quality, cost-effective, and ethical health outcomes.
- Evaluate quality and safety measures in your healthcare environment.
- Incorporate principles of servant leadership into policy changes.
- Collaborate with others to improve the quality of professional nursing practice and healthcare policy.
- Utilize evidence-based practice for performance improvement.
- Demonstrate effective principles of change while providing client-centered care.
Your first step is to apply for candidacy by submitting the application for admission. Candidacy means you are on your way to completing the admissions process! You will need to be accepted into your program before you can enroll in classes.
Upon receiving candidacy, you will need to submit the following to be considered for admissions into a graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouseor by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Current unencumbered RN license
- Professional goals statement
- Background/background check disclosure form
- Application/enrollment fee – This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding
- Two References (references should include one former or current supervisor, prior college faculty, or current colleague)
- Tuition: $450 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit