Public Administration Specialization
Achieve your goals to start or advance a career at a government agency or at a nonprofit with an evening or online Master of Organizational Leadership with an optional Public Administration specialization.
A career in the public sector is an impactful way to serve your community—and our Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL) with an optional specialization in Public Administration will enhance the managerial skills you need to ensure a government department or program works well for the people it serves. Advance your career and do good at the same time.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
As little as 16 months
- Evening courses at our locations in Bismarck, ND; Fargo, ND; Grand Forks AFB, ND; Watford City, ND; Billings, MT; and Fort Riley, KS
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Civil Service Professionals
- Nonprofit Professionals
- All other professionals who want to gain the skills needed to manage public programs
Leaders who want to study business analytics and learn how to effectively make data-driven decisions
- Civil Service Manager
- Nonprofit Director
- City Manager
- Program Director
- Government Department Head
- Policy Analyst
What You’ll Learn
In our MOL with an optional Public Administration specialization, you will gain advanced organizational leadership skills and undertake an in-depth examination of public programs and government operations at the local, state, and federal level. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Synthesize content from professional journals and scholarly research to make conclusions regarding operational practices.
- Assess public sector best practices using quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Take on leadership roles within your organization.
- Apply advanced management strategies to improve employee productivity and organizational results.
The Gary Tharaldson School of Business at the University of Mary has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA.View Accreditation
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $560/credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
The University of Mary is committed to putting your educational goals within reach. Learn what scholarships you qualify for.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.