Attending the University of Mary is one of the best choices you can make for your career and personal growth. And it all begins by applying.

Whether you want to attend one of our online or evening undergraduate or graduate programs, we’ve made the process easy to understand and complete. In fact, it only takes one step:

Apply Online

Our online applications make applying to the University of Mary convenient.

Now That You’ve Applied – Submit Your Transcript and Applicable Test Scores

If you haven’t already, request your official transcripts and any test scores that may be required by your program to be sent to the university. Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your transcripts for you. At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office. Want to start the transcript review process sooner? Just send us your unofficial transcripts! 

If you have never attended a regionally accredited community college, junior college, military college, or a four-year college or university and have no previously earned college credits, please call us at (701) 355-8030 or email us at to discuss your online and evening learning options. Or, you may visit our undergraduate admissions page and apply as an incoming freshman.

Otherwise, please mail all materials to:

  • Office of Admissions
    University of Mary
    7500 University Drive
    Bismarck, ND 58504

Transcript Details For:

If you’ve ever been enrolled in a regionally accredited community college, junior college, military college, or a four-year college or university, you are a transfer student.

To complete your application, you’ll need to submit your official or unofficial transcripts. Prior to starting your first class we’ll need your official, final transcripts. Please note that if you’re currently enrolled in courses, we require an “in progress” transcript before an admission decision can be made. The transcript must include all courses taken and the grades earned during your undergraduate education, as well as a list of any courses in progress. Once you have completed the course(s), we require an official, final transcript. 

Interested in finding out what credits will transfer? Send us your unofficial transcripts now to receive a free evaluation!

Transcript(s) should include the following:

  • The names and grades for all courses you completed at your previous institution(s), along with the number of credits.
  • The signature of the registrar or designated official at the college/university.

After you complete your application and it has been reviewed by the admissions office, we must receive an official transcript from the institution of higher education which granted your bachelor's degree. You will need to request that this transcript be sent directly to us and pay any applicable fees. Did you graduate from the University of Mary? We’ll request it for you! Specific programs may have exceptions or additional requirements. You can find specific requirements within the degree program descriptions in our catalog and in the academics section of this website.

If you are applying as an undergraduate, we ask that you submit certified copies of all academic records, including certified copies of all transcripts or school certificates and subjects for which you were enrolled or are presently enrolled. If the grading format is not common to the U.S. educational system, we request that the records be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. We do not perform internal translations/evaluations of international transcripts for individuals. Instead, we prefer that a course-by-course evaluation be completed by the World Education Services (WES), the Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), or an agency that is a current member of the National Associations of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). You will need to arrange and pay for the evaluation and have the official evaluation sent directly to the University of Mary from the agency. We do not require the official international transcript, only the official copy of the evaluation.

If you are applying as a graduate student, please contact Shelby Imdieke (701) or our Admissions Office (800) for more information.

Test Score Details for:

Some graduate programs require you to take one of the graduate-admissions tests. You can find specific testing requirements within the degree program descriptions in our catalog and in the academics section of this website.

  • Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (school code 6428) and achieve a minimum score of 71 on the Internet-Based Test (iBT) or 527-530 on the Paper Based Test (PBT).


  • Take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic version test and score a minimum of 6.0.


  • Complete Level 112 of ELS English for Academic Purposes.


  • Complete the GTEC – Japan
    • Undergraduate Students
      Students must achieve a minimum score of 1140-1165.
    • Graduate Students
      Students must achieve a minimum score of 1204-1226.

To be accepted, your scores must be less than two years old.

Have Questions? Lets Talk

Schedule Virtual Appointment