Gain the advanced skills you need to lead public projects in multiple areas.
Publicly funded and managed projects range from tree-planting ceremonies in small towns to nation-wide public assistance programs. Tackle the often complex tasks of government budgeting, scheduling, and delivery. Make a difference in the public sector and take your career further.
Please Note: A specialization is required for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program; and optional for the Master of Organizational Leadership (MOL) and the Master of Project Management (MPM) programs.
What You’ll Learn
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for the Project Management Institute (PMI), the University of Mary offers a Master of Project Management with a Public Administration specialization that focuses on advanced project management strategies and the unique needs of government projects and agencies. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Budget, schedule, and manage public projects.
- Integrate decisions utilizing Benedictine values, ethical frameworks, and professional standards.
- Evaluate the contemporary health care environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Demonstrate professional business communication.
- Interpret results from multiple business support tools to inform decision making.
- Synthesize content from professional journals and scholarly research to make conclusions regarding business practices.
- Assess business best practices using methodology as derived from the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK® Guide).