Bachelor of Science in Psychology
An online bachelor’s degree in Psychology will provide insights you can use to start or advance a career in any profession where understanding human behavior is an asset.
From treating depression to predicting the buying habits of consumers, psychology has many applications. Our Psychology bachelor’s program offers a look at those applications, the theories behind them, and where psychological study may lead next. Take your career further by understanding human thought and behavior.
At a Glance
As few as 1.3 years depending on transferred credits
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Students looking to gain an understanding of human thought and behavior and move into one of the many psychology-related fields
- Students who want to move toward earning a master's or doctorate in psychology or counseling
- Anyone interested in the workings of the human mind
- Psychiatric Technician
- Case Manager
- Career Counselor
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Marketing Executive
- Human Resource Manager
- Lab Assistant
What You’ll Learn
Through our Psychology program, you’ll gain an understanding of the fundamentals of human thought and behavior and learn how different fields apply psychological research to address real-world problems. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge and comprehension of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, historical trends, and empirical findings of psychology.
- Apply scientific reasoning and problem-solving skills, including following effective research methods.
- Demonstrate ethically and socially responsible behaviors in a landscape that involves increasing diversity.
- Demonstrate competence in writing and in oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Apply psychology-specific content and skills, effective self-reflection, project-management skills, teamwork skills, and career preparation.
We welcome transfer students from regionally accredited community and junior colleges and four-year colleges and universities. If you’ve ever been enrolled in any such institution, you are a transfer student. To apply, we ask that you submit the following:
- A formal application for admission
- A non-refundable $30 application fee
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from every college previously attended.
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
Prospective students with at least 24 transferable credits must have a cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher. If you have fewer than 24 transfer hours to evaluate, we also require the following to determine your opportunity for success:
- Academic transcript(s) from high school or GED transcript (if applicable) and any college(s) concurrently attended during high school.
- An official score report from the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) examination (if you are under 21).
Admissions and a free preliminary transfer credit review can be completed with unofficial transcripts from any previous colleges or universities you attended. Official, final transcripts must be submitted prior to enrolling in classes.
- Tution: $450 per credit
- Application fee: $30
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit