Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT)
Advance your career as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by earning a bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy.
Healthcare organizations continue to set higher standards for respiratory therapists. Our Respiratory Therapy bachelor’s program will help you advance your skills and acquire the credentials you need to work with more independence in patient care settings, while providing safe and effective respiratory care.
At a Glance
As little as 1 year depending on transferred credits
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Registered respiratory therapists who want to advance their skills and career potential with a bachelor's in Respiratory Therapy
- RRTs who want to move toward advanced practice (such as becoming a physician assistant)
- RRTs looking for more career responsibility
- Respiratory Department Manager
- Case Manager
- Health Educator
- Department Logistics Manager
- Home Health Specialist
What You’ll Learn
Through our RRT to BSRT program, you’ll gain key insights into the practice of respiratory therapy while also gaining a broad base of knowledge that will help you take on real-world challenges and progress into a leadership role. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to:
- Interpret physical exam findings, cardiopulmonary monitoring data, laboratory data, and diagnostic imaging information.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills while consulting with physicians and other healthcare personnel involved in the development of cardiopulmonary care strategies.
- Establish an evidence-base for best practice through research and the critique and interpretation of professional scientific literature.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ethical obligations and responsibilities of healthcare professionals and institutions.
- Educate patients and the general public in matters of cardiopulmonary health and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities as a member of the healthcare team.
- Completion of an Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science (or equivalent) in Respiratory Therapy from a program with Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accreditation
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher, with a GPA of 2.75 or higher in the respiratory therapy courses transferred in to the University of Mary
- Submitted official transcripts from all accredited institutions of higher education attended
- Please mail your transcripts to the University of Mary at
- Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Did you previously attend the University of Mary? We’ll request your transcript for you! Contact us today to learn more!
Admissions and a free preliminary transfer credit review can be completed with unofficial transcripts from any previous colleges or universities you attended. Official, final transcripts must be submitted prior to enrolling in classes.
- Passed the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) examination and have a current license
- Tuition: $335 per credit
- Application fee: $30
- Technology/Distance Ed fee: $30 per credit
- Security/Cybersecurity fee: $5 per credit