Students who apply to the RRT to BSRT program must have graduated from a CoARC accredited institution with an associate or an associate of applied science degree in Respiratory Therapy. Candidates that have passed the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapy (RRT) examination must submit proof of a current unencumbered RRT license upon applying to the RRT to BSRT program. Candidates working on obtaining their RRT credential must provide proof that the RRT credential has been obtained prior to their second semester of the RRT to BSRT program.
We welcome students from various backgrounds, including transfer students from regionally accredited colleges and universities and those with military or career and work experience.
How do I show my previous college, military, or work experience?
- Official transcripts (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 and 2.75 or higher in the respiratory therapy courses should be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Did you graduate from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students with previous career or work experience can earn credits for prior learning.
- You can choose to test for prior learning credits — we convert your test scores into college credit.
- You can request a portfolio review for prior learning credits. You’ll assemble documentation to show your experience, which will be reviewed and evaluated by an experienced faculty member.
- Military experience can count towards a degree.
What will I need to apply?
- All of our programs require you to fill out the general application form in addition to submitting the application fee and your transcripts.
- Any program-specific requirements you’ll need to submit in addition to the items listed above can be found in our catalog.
At the University of Mary, we review every application on an individual basis, ensuring that the materials you submit are evaluated with care and attention. Reach out to us if you have any questions in filling out your application.