RN to BSN
Take your nursing career to the next level through an online RN to BSN program.
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing is quickly becoming the standard for nurses. If you want your degree to stay up-to-date—and position yourself for promotions and raises—our RN to BSN degree program can help you reach your goals in less time and more conveniently than you might think possible. Transfer existing credits and complete your coursework completely online. There’s never been a more perfect moment to earn your bachelor’s degree and advance your career.
At a Glance
As little as 1 year
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- RNs desiring to advance their skills and career options by earning a BSN
- RNs who want to take a step toward becoming a nurse practitioner
- RNs looking to meet the increasing educational requirements of nursing employers
- Nurse Manager
- Health Educator
- Public Health Nurse
- Nurse Case Manager
- Occupational Health Nurse
What You’ll Learn
Through our RN to BSN program, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need to take on more responsibility in your workplace while providing better care for your patients. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to:
- Create healing environments by developing and maintaining respectful, caring, professional relationships based upon an understanding of person–environment interactions and the individual human experiences of health, illness, and healing.
- Provide safe, quality, cost-effective care to patients, families, and populations.
- Collaborate with patients, families, and communities as part of nursing and healthcare teams.
- Integrate informatics and communication systems to improve patient care outcomes.
- Take on leadership roles informed by a strong, ethical framework.
[My] RN-BSN education really engaged me in taking an interest in the environment in which I practice, to take more responsibility for ensuring quality and safety in patient care, to identify areas of improvement and take initiative to begin change, and to act as a servant leader to improve the care I provide to patients and my relationships within the care team.RN-BSN graduate
We welcome transfer students from regionally accredited community and junior colleges and four-year colleges and universities. To apply, we ask that you submit the following:
- A formal application for admission
- A non-refundable $30 application fee
- Minimum college cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from every college previously attended. Attended
the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your transcripts for you! At most other
schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office. You can send transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- RN to BSN disclosure form
- Signed RN to BSN memorandum of understanding
- Safe patient care acknowledgement form
- Nursing background check disclosure form
- Unencumbered RN licensure
- Documentation of health requirements as given below:
- Documentation of health history and current immunizations as required by the Division of Nursing must accompany the application to the division
- Tdap (within 10 years)
- MMR x2
- Varicella x2
- TB (within 1 year)
- Hep B x 3
- Current CPR certification (front and back copies)
Admissions and a free preliminary transfer credit review can be completed with unofficial transcripts from any previous colleges or universities you attended. Official, final transcripts must be submitted prior to enrolling in classes.
- Tuition: $335 per credit
- Application fee: $30
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit