Health Care Informatics Graduate Certificate
Prepare to enter the rapidly-growing health care analytics profession with a graduate certificate in Health Care Informatics from the University of Mary.
Our 12-credit, 20-weeks certificate program will help you understand how to combine nursing science, computer science, and information analytics to improve patient outcomes, improve quality of care, and inform clinical decision-making.
At a Glance
12 credits/4 courses/20 weeks
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- Health care professionals interested in learning how to use data in order to improve decision-making and patient outcomes
- Professionals who want to take a step toward earning an MSN with a Health Informatics specialization
- Anyone interested in the ways data collection and analysis can improve health care
- Nurse Informaticist
- Health Care Administrator
- Health Informaticist
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Informatics Director
- Hospital IT Director
- Informatics Consultant
What You’ll Learn
- Principles of information management in clinical and non-clinical settings.
- Best practices for utilizing informatics, information systems, and evidence-based management.
- Common moral and ethical dilemmas associated with new technologies and their application in a health care setting.
- Human-computer interface (HCI) and user experience (UX) principles and how to apply those principles when creating new products and services for the health care industry.
- How informatics technology can empower patients, enhance clinical decision-making, and influence patient outcomes.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the certificate program:
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]