Healthcare Informatics Graduate Certificate
Prepare to enter the rapidly-growing healthcare analytics profession with a graduate certificate in Healthcare Informatics from the University of Mary.
Our 12-credit, 20-weeks certificate program will help you understand how to combine nursing science, computer science, and information analytics to improve patient outcomes, improve quality of care, and inform clinical decision-making.
At a Glance
12 credits/4 courses/20 weeks
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- Healthcare professionals interested in learning how to use data in order to improve decision-making and patient outcomes
- Professionals who want to take a step toward earning an MBA or MS in Business with a Health Informatics specialization
- Anyone interested in the ways data collection and analysis can improve healthcare
- Healthcare Administrator
- Health Informaticist
- Healthcare Analyst
- Health Informatics Director
- Hospital IT Director
- Informatics Consultant
What You’ll Learn
- Principles of information management in clinical and non-clinical settings.
- Best practices for utilizing informatics, information systems, and evidence-based management.
- Common moral and ethical dilemmas associated with new technologies and their application in a healthcare setting.
- Human-computer interface (HCI) and user experience (UX) principles and how to apply those principles when creating new products and services for the healthcare industry.
- How informatics technology can empower patients, enhance clinical decision-making, and influence patient outcomes.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts – Please mail the transcripts to the University of Mary at:
- Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
Did you graduate from the University of Mary? We’ll request your transcripts for you! Contact your admissions representative today to learn more!
Note: Current students with senior status (greater than 90 semester credits earned) may enroll as a non-degree seeking student.
- Tuition: $450/credit
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit