Public Administration Graduate Certificate
Learn how to serve your community more effectively through work in the public sector with our 9-credit, 15-week graduate certificate program in Public Administration.
This graduate certificate program will challenge you to develop greater competencies in administration, human relations, and management while applying principles of ethical and virtuous leadership.
At a Glance
9 credits/3 courses/15 weeks
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- People working in the public sector interested in developing more effective leadership skills
- Nonprofit professionals who want to improve their ability to influence and partner with government organizations
- Professionals who want to take a step toward earning an MBA or MS in Business with a Public Administration specialization
- Governmental Department Manager
- Nonprofit Director
- City Manager
- Government Agency Director
- Chief of Staff
- Program Director
- Budget Analyst
- Campaign Manager
What You’ll Learn
- How to deal with unique leadership, logistical, and organizational challenges encountered by leaders in the public sector.
- Best practices for organizing, managing, and financing public sector organizations.
- Budgeting and financing in the public sector.
- Procurement processes and contract administration in public agencies.
- Effective strategies for achieving elected positions in local, state, and federal government.
- Essential competencies for public sector leadership.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts – Please mail the transcripts to the University of Mary at:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Did you graduate from the University of Mary? We’ll request your transcripts for you! Contact your admissions representative today to learn more!
Note: Current students with senior status (greater than 90 semester credits earned) may enroll as a non-degree seeking student.
- Tuition: $520/credit
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit