Public Administration Graduate Certificate
Learn how to serve your community more effectively through work in the public sector with our 9-credit, 15-week graduate certificate program in Public Administration.
This graduate certificate program will challenge you to develop greater competencies in administration, human relations, and management while applying principles of ethical and virtuous leadership.
At a Glance
9 credits/3 courses/15 weeks
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- People working in the public sector interested in developing more effective leadership skills
- Nonprofit professionals who want to improve their ability to influence and partner with government organizations
- Professionals who want to take a step toward earning an MBA or MS in Business with a Public Administration specialization
- Governmental Department Manager
- Nonprofit Director
- City Manager
- Government Agency Director
- Chief of Staff
- Program Director
- Budget Analyst
- Campaign Manager
What You’ll Learn
- How to deal with unique leadership, logistical, and organizational challenges encountered by leaders in the public sector.
- Best practices for organizing, managing, and financing public sector organizations.
- Budgeting and financing in the public sector.
- Procurement processes and contract administration in public agencies.
- Effective strategies for achieving elected positions in local, state, and federal government.
- Essential competencies for public sector leadership.
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $550/credit
- Technology fee: $30 per credit
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the certificate program:
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]