School Counseling Graduate Certificate
Enhance your skills and continue to be a positive role model for students with a School Counseling Certificate from University of Mary.
School counseling professionals will benefit from this 15-credit, blended program designed for working practitioners. Courses are offered through an interactive video conferencing program, allowing individuals from across the region to complete the coursework required to meet your career goals.
At a Glance
15 credits/5 courses
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- Master’s level counselors who need to meet requirements for a school counseling credential/licensure.
- Practitioners seeking to expand their skills and learn new techniques for working with elementary and secondary school students.
- Elementary School Counselor
- Middle School Counselor
- High School Counselor
What You’ll Learn
- Development and evaluation of comprehensive school counseling programs.
- Skills to work with students in individual, group, and classroom settings.
- Techniques for collaboration and consultation with other stakeholders and counseling professionals.
- Relationship building tools for students and school staff.
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Statement of purpose – one-page essay describing why you want to enroll in this program, how the Benedictine values help guide your practice, and what skills and experiences you will bring to the cohort.
Additional coursework or experiences may be required based on previous coursework and current licensure.
- Tuition: $500/credit
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit