Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
A Doctorate in Business Administration from the University of Mary sets you apart in the competitive world of business, industry, and finance.
Our efficient, manageable program is designed for busy, working professionals like you who desire to be pioneers in business: leaders with intuition, insight, and ingenuity who can craft business strategies and initiatives and see them through to success.
Coursework within this accredited DBA program is directly relevant to your employment. Earning your DBA will provide you the crucial, in-demand skills you need now to excel in your current position as well as beyond. As an integral part of your studies, you will complete a dissertation. The DBA dissertation process provides an opportunity to create research that applies to your work, life, and mission.
But a DBA from the University of Mary does so much more. Beyond making you a decisive leader in the world of business, you will also be steeped in the rich intellectual tradition of Christian, Catholic, Benedictine social thought and its holistic, integrated understanding of the human person. You will be poised to become not just a manager but a virtuous leader with values that transcend the bottom line. You will have the firm foundation and deep perspective to make your business not just a force for profit but also a force for good.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university and the program, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
As little as 36 months
Online with on-campus institutes
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Business leaders and executives seeking a terminal degree
- Professionals interested in setting themselves apart from master's prepared peers
- Individuals interested in mastering advanced critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Leaders dedicated to the integration of ethics into complex and challenging business environments
- Industry professionals seeking mastery of quantitative business skills
- Company Vice President or President
- C-Suite Executive
- Business Strategist
- Executive Business Consultant
- University Faculty
What You’ll Learn
In our DBA program, you will gain advanced quantitative knowledge focused on successful business practices. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Develop your abilities in complex problem solving, deep critical thinking, and inspired decision-making.
- Evaluate the contemporary global business environment in an integrated manner to propose business solutions.
- Craft innovative business strategies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in quantitative business methodologies.
- Complete a practitioners dissertation connected to your current or desired career.
- Lead operational tasks focused on accounting and finance.
The University of Mary’s Doctorate of Business Administration program provides students with the opportunity to develop advanced critical thinking skills, apply research principles within the workplace environment, and gain an understanding of research methodologies. The DBA is an excellent choice for employed industry professionals who desire to complete their doctorate in a structured online learning environment.DBA Coordinator
- Online with on-campus institutes
The following are examples of courses that will be offered for this program. For more information regarding the full list of courses, please contact us.
Vocation of a Business Leader
Examine the challenges and the opportunities the business environment presents in the areas of socio-economic, technology, finance, marketing, communications, and organizational culture and pursue options that counter the contemporary profit maximization model with a formational vade-mecum (handbook for leadership consultation).
Gain introductory knowledge of applied research methodology. Emphasis in this course is placed on the use of research methodologies to provide inquiry into organizational challenges. Students will demonstrate an understanding of various research methods.
Advanced Strategies in Organizational Development
Discover how information becomes the foundational basis for organizing, refining, improving, reinforcing, and developing organizational strategy and growth, leading to greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a master's degree or completion of at least 30 credits
from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0. A GRE assessment
or approved equivalent must also be sent to the university.
- Graduated from the University of Mary? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
Resume or curriculum vitae
Two references (include contact information as part of the application)
Comprehensive essay of at least 500 words that includes the following:
The purpose for pursuing a Doctorate of Business Administration
Reasons for choosing the University of Mary
Selected candidates will interview with the GTSB Faculty Admission Committee. After all admissions materials have been submitted and an interview has been conducted, an admissions decision will be made.