Master of Education or Doctor of Education, Catholic Studies for Educators Concentration
Adding a Catholic Studies for Educators Concentration onto your Master of Education or Doctor of Education degree will help you excel in your career as a Catholic educator and leader.
At the University of Mary, we believe strongly in the value of an education infused with the doctrine and teachings of the Church and the Magisterium. We are proud to offer a Catholic Studies for Educators Concentration to our Master of Education and Doctor of Education students. By completing this concentration, you’ll gain the knowledge you’ll need to infuse your own classroom with Catholic teaching and position yourself for a successful career as a Catholic school teacher or administrator.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
Blended with summer classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Catholic Educators
- Teachers Entering a Catholic Education School System
- Church Leaders
- Catholic School Teacher
- Catholic School Administrator
- Educational Leader
- Catholic Nonprofit Director
- Catholic University Leaders
What You’ll Learn
Our Catholic Studies for Educators Concentration will give you a strong foundation in Catholic thought, culture, and doctrine, providing you with strategies for integrating Catholicism into a classroom environment or educational program. When you earn this concentration, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Catholic pedagogy.
- Incorporate the Church’s teachings throughout all areas of the classroom, not only during religion classes.
- Understand the history of Western education, including modern challenges.
- Apply principles of Catholic education to issues including theories of the human person and human flourishing, diversity in educational philosophies and trends, use of technology, theories of instruction and assessment, the relationship between parochial and public education systems, etc.
Interested in Catholic Studies? The University of Mary also offers an MA in Catholic Studies.
As the president of a Catholic school, I understand the challenges that face our teachers in their effort to provide an authentically Catholic education: Catholic in its culture, intellectual tradition, and educational practices. I am inspired by the work that has been done to meet these needs through the creation of the Catholic Studies Concentration. These newly designed courses will be a great benefit to anyone who desires to teach with the mind of the Church.President, Bishop Ryan Catholic School
- Blended, mostly online with three courses occuring at our main campus in Bismarck, ND
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $540/credit
- Technology fee: $30 per credit
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
Enrollment in a University of Mary MEd or EdD program