Master of Science in Kinesiology
Advance your career by enhancing your knowledge of biomechanics and improving your ability to do movement analysis of skills and tasks when you earn your MS in Kinesiology from the University of Mary.
Exploring the relationship of movement and physical activity to human well-being, our Master's in Kinesiology provides in-depth study and practical skills in a blended learning format that combines online education with some short residency courses on our main campus in Bismarck, ND. Live wherever you are now while completing your degree. Take your knowledge and career further.
In gratitude for your service, deposit by April 30, 2021 to receive a special thank you scholarship, valued at the tuition cost of your first course.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
- Blended, primarily online with a short residency at our Bismarck, ND campus during the Fall and Spring semesters of your second year
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Sports and medical professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge of biomechanics and their ability to do movement analysis of skills or tasks
- Students who want a career in exercise therapy
- Students seeking to prepare for medical school
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Athletic Coach
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
What You’ll Learn
An MS in Kinesiology prepares you to apply advanced principles of human movement to the analysis of physical tasks and the treatment/coaching of individuals and groups. When you graduate with your degree, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate advanced levels of knowledge and skills in kinesiology and sports enhancement.
- Incorporate research methodology in kinesiology and sports enhancement.
- Apply skills in kinesiology and sports enhancement that benefit communities and society.
The aspect I most appreciated during my time in the Master of Science in Kinesiology program was the online format. While the online classes fit well into my schedule, it was also helpful to know that I could meet with faculty and classmates via Skype, email, or in the classroom to make sure I was on task. Earning this degree helped further my resume, allowing me to become a Strength and Conditioning Specialist.Class of 2016
Your first step is to get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission. After acceptance to the University as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
Blended, primarily online with a short residency at our Bismarck, ND campus during the Fall and Spring semesters of your second year
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $630/credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
Additional lab and insurance fees may apply
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Physical Education, or related field is required for admission. Students who are currently enrolled in their undergraduate program are welcome to apply beginning in the fall of their senior year. If you do not meet the minimum grade point average for this program, please contact the Admissions Office for options.
Begin by completing the online graduate application for admission:
- Application/enrollment fee – This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
- Resume – may be uploaded into your application portal
- Graduated from the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
Proof of CPR/AED and first aid certification must be provided prior to beginning the program.