Catholic Philanthropy Graduate Certificate
Expand your fundraising skills and serve the Church more effectively by earning a graduate-level certificate in Catholic Philanthropy from the University of Mary.
Our 9-credit, 15-week certificate program is taught by seasoned, successful Catholic fundraisers, many of whom have raised millions of dollars of donations during their careers. Learn mostly online with a one-week residency at our main campus in Bismarck, ND.
At a Glance
9 credits/3 courses/15 weeks
- Online, with a one-week residency at our main campus in Bismarck, ND
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- Philanthropy professionals who want to improve their fundraising skills and boost their leadership skills employed in service to the Church
- Professionals seeking to prepare for the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) exam
- Church leaders who want to elevate their fundraising skills
- Students who want to take a step toward earning an MBA or MS in Business with a Catholic Philanthropy specialization
- Executive Director
- Director of Development
- Director of Annual Giving
- Director of Planned Giving
- Major Gifts Administrator
- Grants Administrator
What You’ll Learn
- Preparation to sit for the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) exam.
- How the principles of the “Theology of Gift” impact modern philanthropy.
- Best practices for modern fundraising and how to synthesize those best practices with your Catholic faith.
- Skills and competencies crucial to success as a manager or senior mission advancement professional in service to the Church.
The Institute of Catholic Philanthropy has equipped me with a better understanding of giving and very practical principles to put into place when working with benefactors. This program will help the Catholic church in tremendous ways going forward as the Church continues to grow and philanthropy becomes vital to its future.
Online, with a one-week residency at our main campus in Bismarck, ND
- BUS 537 - Foundations in Catholic Philanthropy
- BUS 567 - Transformational Giving
- BUS 636 - Mission Advancement Principles & Practice
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
- Tuition: $550/credit
- Technology fee: $30 per credit
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the certificate program:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]