Parish Administration and Management Graduate Certificate
The University of Mary’s Certificate in Parish Administration & Management will give you the knowledge and skills to navigate the many particular challenges of parish operations so that your parish’s focus can remain on the evangelical mission of Christ’s Church.
Parish administration and management presents special challenges for clergy and lay business managers alike —human resources and employment law; managing effective stewardship campaigns; recruiting, training, and leading large numbers of volunteers; running faith formation, outreach, and social programs; and navigating policies and regulations as a religious entity, all in service of bringing Christ’s sacraments to His people and His Gospel to the world. This certificate will equip you with core business practices to effectively run business processes and recruit and retain employees in a parish administration setting.
At a Glance
9 credits/3 courses/15 weeks
Tuition per Credit
Is This the Program For Me?
Who It’s For
- Parish Priests
- Parish Administrators
- Youth Ministers or DREs
- Other employees working in the Church”
- Parish Administrator
- Office Manager
- Diocesan Employee
What You’ll Learn
- The management of effective stewardship campaigns, recruiting, training, and leading large numbers of volunteers
- The delivery of faith formation, outreach, and social programs while navigating policies and regulations as a religious entity
- Techniques for handling operational tasks focused on accounting and finance.
- Strategies for overseeing business operations in ways that meet parish goals.
- Best practices for streamlining business processes and recurring administrative tasks.
If you are serving or have served our country, we sincerely thank you. Our military services office is here to work closely with active duty, retired, reserve, and eligible family members qualified for military benefits. Learn how we can help you with the application process and review the benefits you have earned.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the certificate program:
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]