Master of Education, Teacher Leadership
Gain the skills and expertise you need to be an ethical leader and an innovative practitioner in your field while expanding your career options in as few as two years with the University of Mary’s flexible online Master of Education program in Teacher Leadership.
Learn how to support teacher growth and promote academic achievement in the classroom through a curriculum informed by the latest research and grounded in practical experience. You’ll learn from experienced educators and leading educational researchers while acquiring skills and knowledge you can apply in your educational organization right away. Advance your career with an MEd in Teacher Leadership.
In gratitude for your service, deposit by April 30, 2021 to receive a special thank you scholarship, valued at the tuition cost of your first course.
Take the First Step
Get in touch with any questions or submit the simple application for admission.
After acceptance to the university as a candidate for graduate studies, we will assist you every step of the way toward acceptance into your academic program so you can enroll and begin your classes!
At a Glance
As little as 1.5 years
Blended with summer classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
Educators interested in expanding their pedagogical skills while learning ethical leadership strategies and techniques
- Instructional Coach
- Curriculum Director
- Department Chair
What You’ll Learn
- Gain hands-on experience while working with expert faculty and experienced, practicing teachers and administrators.
- Achieve a strong balance of theory and application with courses that are delivered by a combination of highly qualified, full-time faculty and experienced practicing teachers and administrators.
- Access expert career and academic counseling services throughout your online program.
- Develop a robust professional network while learning within a community of peers.
Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB)
The graduate programs in Education at the University of Mary are accredited by the state of North Dakota’s Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB; 2013). The graduate Education programs are slated to meet all Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Advanced standards newly adopted by ND ESPB by our next accreditation visit in Spring 2021.
- Classes on our main campus in Bismarck, ND
- Tuition: $560 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology fee: $43 per credit
- Parking fee (evening class participants only): $25 per semester
For a full list of fees, visit our Tuition and Fees page.
The following will be needed when you have applied for admission so we can get you accepted into the graduate program:
- Official transcripts showing a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Graduated from the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your Mary transcript for you!
- At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office.
- Have your transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Or request to send electronic transcripts to [email protected]
- Application/enrollment fee - This will be collected at the time you fill out the online
- Professional goal statement
- Two references (include contact information as part of the application)
- Resume identifying applicable professional education experience
Students interested in obtaining an education licensure or endorsement should check with their own state Department of Education for information about licensure and/or endorsement requirements before contacting the university in order to determine what additional coursework may be needed.