BSN to MSN: Nursing Leadership & Management
Blending theory and practice, the online MSN degree in Nursing Leadership and Management will provide opportunities in administrative and management positions in healthcare.
Our online, accelerated MSN in Nursing Leadership & Management allows you to transition from a bachelor’s degree in nursing to an MSN and become a nursing leader. Increase your earning potential, improve patient care, and use your new understanding of business concepts to impact your organization.
At a Glance
Cost per Credit
Is This the Degree For Me?
Who It’s For
- Nurses with a BSN who want to earn an MSN and move into a leadership role
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Department Director
- Regional Director
- Case Manager
- Nurse Administrator
- Medical and Health Services Manager
What You’ll Learn
Our BSN to MSN in Nursing Leadership & Management program is online, accelerated, and grounded by Benedictine values. You’ll gain advanced skills in healthcare business concepts and gain practical experience within a clinical setting. When you graduate, you will be prepared to:
- Design processes to achieve quality, cost-effective, and ethical health outcomes.
- Evaluate quality and safety measures and create an informed plan of change using principles of servant leadership.
- Use information technology to improve nursing processes.
- Demonstrate effective principles of change while providing client-centered care.
The BSN to MSN program at the University of Mary encourages collaboration amongst the students. Classes were arranged so I could remain employed and be successful in the program. There was great support from the instructors and other staff from the university.Class of 2011, Vice President Patient Care Services and Chief Nursing Office for Ridgeview Medical Center
Your first step is to apply for candidacy by submitting the application for admission. Candidacy means you are on your way to completing the admissions process! You will need to be accepted into your program before you can enroll in classes.
Upon receiving candidacy, you will need to submit the following to be considered for admissions into a graduate program:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Official transcripts
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your transcripts for you! At
most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office. You can send transcripts to:
- Office of Admissions
University of Mary
7500 University Drive
Bismarck, ND 58504
- Office of Admissions
- Attended the University of Mary before? Then we’ll get your transcripts for you! At most other schools, you can request transcripts by going to the National Student Clearinghouse or by contacting the registrar’s office. You can send transcripts to:
- Current unencumbered RN license
- Professional goals statement
- Background/background check disclosure form
- Application/enrollment fee – This will be collected at the time you fill out the online application.
- Tuition: $450 per credit
- Application fee: $45
- Technology/Safety fee: $35 per credit